The Rain Barrel Art Project combines creativity and conservation in a fun way to promote the use of rain barrels throughout the Ohio River Valley. We are looking for artists to submit a design they would like to paint on a rain barrel to be auctioned off in April during Party for the Planet at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Here's what you need to do.
1. Go to the entry form and submit your idea for approval.
2. If your design is approved, attend the artist workshop on February 11.
3. Pick up your rain barrel at the end of the workshop.
4. Return your rain barrel by April 1 and visit it at the Cincinnati Zoo.
What happens after I return the barrel?
1. Barrels are displayed throughout the Zoo between April 1 and April 20.
2. Barrels will be auctioned online between April 2 and April 19.
3. In-person bidding will be available on April 20.
4. The money raised from the auction will be used for environmental education at SaveLocalWaters.org and at the Zoo.
This project is organized by Save Local Waters and the Cincinnati Zoo.
For more information on rain barrels and other conservation practices, visit our Backyard Conservation page!
Earth Day ~ 2016 is upon us. A true a day of reflection for those of us in the business of conservation. This day reminds us to reflect, refresh and charge on in our every day efforts to protect the natural resources of this planet we call EARTH. We are reminded that our work matters...it makes a difference...and that we are making progress. So we will wake up tomorrow, ready and renewed to carry on the work we feel so close to our hearts, the work of CONSERVATION.
~ Molly, Natural Resource Engineer
Warren SWCD works to promote wise stewardship of our natural resources every day!!!
Warren County SWCD Staff Blog
A blog to keep you informed on all the latest news at Warren County SWCD and in the conservation world.