Here at Warren County SWCD, we recognize the vital importance of rain gardens in mitigating stormwater pollution, as well as providing ecological benefits like habitat for pollinators. This year we are expanding efforts to see more rain gardens established throughout Warren County, and to celebrate the already established rain gardens. We will be hosting a series of events and opportunities for rain garden development and recognition throughout the year!
Explorer rain gardens with our Education & Communications Specialist
Warren County SWCD is holding a Rain Garden Photo Contest! Whether you have an established rain garden or are installing a new rain garden this summer, we want to see your photos!
Photo Contest Rules:
- Contest dates: June 1-August 31 by 4:30 pm
- Submit a photo of your rain garden. Entry should include: your full name, mailing address, address of rain garden location (if different from mailing address), date rain garden was installed, and contact email and phone number.
- Entries can be emailed (JPEG or PNG file) to email@example.com OR mailed to 320 East Silver St., Lebanon, OH 45036
- For all pictures, copyright holders grant the Warren County SWCD non-exclusive use of pictures in educational and research activities without any remuneration being due.
- All entries will be featured in a Warren County Rain Garden Virtual Tour this September (no addresses will be published)
- 5 winners will be randomly drawn from all entries to receive a $25 gift certificate for native plants to expand your rain garden!
Join us for a Rain Garden Design and Installation Webinar
12:00 PM NOON
12:00 PM NOON
This program is FREE but registration is required*
- Justin Reinhart, Ohio EPA - Justin Reinhart is an engineer with Ohio EPA’s Division of Surface Water where his role is to provide engineering assistance to the storm water program. This includes developing and maintaining Ohio’s stormwater manual: Rainwater and Land Development, as well as providing technical help to Ohio EPA staff, the local regulated community, as well as consultants and developers with navigating Ohio’s NPDES Construction General Permit.
- Cindy Meyer, Warren County Soil and Water Conservation District – Cindy Meyer is a Conservation Program Specialist with Warren County SWCD where she helps facilitate the MS4 stormwater program for the county.
- Rain Garden Function and Design for Storm Water Control - Rain Gardens are a simple and practical way to adsorb and treat storm water from small areas. This presentation will cover the basics of how rain gardens function and what to consider when planning and designing one.
- Plants for Rain gardens – It is important to research what types of plants that are chosen for the rain garden before putting a shovel in the ground. This presentation will touch on plants suggestions and maintenance.
After you register, you will receive an email with the ZOOM meeting details*